Hey there! We’re excited to share an opportunity for a talented, growth-oriented Project Manager to join us at Playground Inc.
We’re looking for an empathetic leader that strives to build people up to do their best work. We work on products and experiences that millions of people use every day, we’re looking for someone with a passion for design, user experience and technology. You will be a key point of contact and support system for your project teams. You will help hold your team accountable to the project goals and objectives.
We pride ourselves in building things that last, things that have a real impact, that people come back to and use every day. We’re always challenging ourselves to do something new, innovate and create real, meaningful work that helps our users and our clients. Let’s explore the solution space and grow together. ⚡️
We’re looking for a full-time Project Manager that strives to build exceptionally polished products. You'll be taking ownership over the domain and also be a key collaborator and mentor in shaping the future of our project management team.
At Playground, we live to be curious and try to subvert everything to create a unique experience for everyone involved. We believe in the humanly possible and lean heavily into the power of our people.
We’re a culture that speaks openly about how we can evolve. We welcome everyone willing to help us learn and grow together.
- You love learning about emerging trends, standards and technology and helping people grow their skill sets.
- You’ll be working directly with our clients, making them feel comfortable with the process, tracking progress and communicating openly with everyone along the way.
- User-centric in your approach to planning and execution.
- Going to all client meetings to capture meeting minutes, push for delivery, and align both client and internal teams.
- Build people up! Make them feel great about the work and strive for the highest quality.
- An advocate for smooth processes and streamlined delivery methods.
- Works well under pressure. Need the ability to roll with the punches, have a client-centric attention to detail and customer service mentality.
- Empathy, active listening and curiosity.
- Cultivates a positive team spirit. No one flies solo here. We make our team look good. Doing this with enthusiasm raises everyone to greater heights.
- Build trust with our clients and enables our team to deliver.
- Communication is key. You are a communication router. Finding the best style and method to have the most impact will be important in this role.
- Leadership is crucial. Lead by example and influence through motivation, accountability and keeping everyone focused on the goal.
- Strategic prioritization—cut through the noise and recognize what’s important to the project success and how to make progress.
- Process building—setting up ways of thinking and collaborating to let everyone know the expectations and what it means to bring your A-Game.
- Problem-solving—being able to think on your feet, field questions, build trust and solve problems for people.
- Participate and actively contribute to research, planning and insight formation.
- You’ve led projects in the past and feel it’s time to lead a team of your own.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to craft elegant solutions.
- Engage with the leadership team to create evolving company growth solutions and frameworks.
- Contribute to initial stages of a project by meeting with clients to develop a project brief for department leads.
- Work with department leads to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Develop comprehensive project spec and road map and create project contracts.
- Assist the client through the process by providing scheduled and thorough progress reports and feedback.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication - specifically UX design and engineering team members.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of personnel to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Facilitate team and department meetings to reach decisions effectively.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
- Conduct product or process training to clients as necessary.
- Create project post mortem documents to be reviewed by department leads.
- 3+ years experience in the interactive industry
- Delivered a large project (3+ Months) in a producer/project manager role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with programming, UX, design, and business personnel.
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
- Knowledge of software & web development process, project management, and performance managements.
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Experience with web development pipelines and potential bottlenecks.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and mediate between members of the executive, business development, mobile, content creation, remote staff, quality assurance, video production, marketing, and public relations teams.
- Highly self-motivated and takes great initiative.
- Passion for emerging technology and the digital world.
Tools of the Trade
As a project manager, you should have experience delivering digital products, and an understanding of current methodologies, and systems that enable you to work effectively. We’re looking for a candidate that is open to and excited about new approaches and wants to lead with strong communication skills and empathy.
💎 We do have a few specific skills requirements that would make you an ideal candidate. 💎
You can handle managing a team of designers and developers to deliver digital solutions for our clients.
You’re familiar with the ins and outs of Project Management methodologies, best practices and how to deliver quality projects.
You have experience with different disciplines, people and tailor your management style to be most effective for the situation.
You have a passion for design thinking
You know all the best practices for building a successful digital product from start to finish.
What’s in it for you?💰
Some of the perks we offer include:
- The opportunity to make a real impact and build products that millions of people use every day.
- A competitive salary with a robust benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, extra emphasis on social work and psychological needs).
- Internal professional development and creative workshops (recently: clay & ceramics, terrarium-making, design thinking, anti-oppression, empathy).
- An Education budget for continued learning and career growth.
- A remote-first work environment.
- A culture that is continuously evolving, with team learning and communication as cornerstones.
Our goal at Playground is to create a space where we can be our best selves, where we can do our best work and where we can support each other in doing so. We want to nurture an empathetic, collaborative and inclusive office culture. You can read more about our values and how we work toward that end in our Code of Conduct.
Resumes are useful, but they don’t say much about a PM’s skills or passion. We would love to see either a portfolio of work or links to relevant apps in production with some context on your role in the work. It’s useful for us if you also send along an explanation of your background, what you like to work on, and what excites you about working at Playground.
Send an email to email@example.com.
Playground Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
We do not shy away from important topics and welcome the engagement. Most recently, we have been thinking about our place in the community and how we can help. We’d love to hear your thoughts about social change and innovation. 🧠
We’d love for you to have a look at our Company Playbook which contains our full policy guide, and is used as a reference for our vision as a company.